This Blog Post is to know the top most 5 reasons to learn Hadoop. Lets go through them one by one.
Big Data and Hadoop skill could mean the difference between having your dream career and getting left behind.
Dice has quoted, “Technology professionals should be volunteering for Big Data projects, which makes them more valuable to their current employer and more marketable to other employers.”
Career with Hadoop
According to 90 executives who participated in the ‘The Big Data Executive Survey 2013’ conducted by NewVantage Partners LLC, supported by the Fortune 1000 senior Business & Technology executives, 90% of the organizations surveyed are already doing something with Big Data.
Hadoop skills are in demand – this is an undeniable fact! Hence, there is an urgent need for IT professional to keep themselves in trend with Hadoop and Big Data technologies. The above info graph shows how many organizations are influenced by Big Data and looking to implement them, if not already.
Big Data Implementation
More Job Opportunities with Apache Hadoop
- Looking at the Big Data market forecast, it looks promising and the upward trend will keep progressing with time.
- Therefore the job trend or Market is not a short lived phenomenon as Big Data and its technologies are here to stay.
- Hadoop has the potential to improve job prospects whether you are a fresher or an experienced professional.
- The Indian Big Data industry is predicted to grow five-fold from the current level of $200 million to $1 billion by 2015 which is 4% of the expected global share.
- At the same time Gartner has predicted that there is going to be significant gap in job openings and candidates with Big Data skills.
- This is the right time to take advantage of this opportunity. This skill gap in Big Data can be bridged through comprehensive learning of Apache Hadoop that enables professionals and fresher’s alike, to add the valuable Big Data skills to their profile.
Filled Jobs vs Unfilled Jobs
Look who is employing?
- LinkedIn is the best place to get information on the number of existing Hadoop professional.
- The above info graph talks about the top companies employing Hadoop professionals and who is leading of them all.
- Yahoo! happens to be leading in this race.
According to Dice,
- Dice has stated that “Tech salaries has nearly 3% bump last year and IT pros with expertise in big data-related languages, databases and skills enjoyed some of the largest pay checks.”
- Dice has also quoted, “Technology professionals should be volunteering for Big Data projects, which makes them more valuable to their current employer and more marketable to other employers.”
Big Data and Hadoop equal bucks!